- CapabilitiesLEARN MORE
- Get StartedLEARN MORE
- Learn MoreLEARN MORE
- ResourcesLEARN MORE
- AboutLEARN MORE
- Request ServiceLEARN MORE
- Get Started
- Learn More
- Request Service
At the end of April, we traveled to Denmark to visit our partner brand, Dynaudio. We spent a week immersing ourselves in Danish culture – and took a behind the scenes tour of the factory where the world’s best loudspeakers are made. Needless to say, these audio nerds had a ball!
We kicked off our trip in Copenhagen, where we were greeted by our hosts and enjoyed a relaxing stay at a waterfront hotel. From there, we traveled to Aarhus by train for a visit to the M2Film Studios. The following day, we traveled to Skanderborg for our exclusive tour of Dynaudio headquarters, including their factory and brand new Research and Development Center.
We wrapped up our trip with a few leisurely days in Copenhagen, where we explored the city with a canal boat tour, walked through the Tivoli Gardens, and enjoyed the full Danish Hotdog experience.
But back to the reason for our trip to Denmark… Dynaudio is our longtime brand partner for the diverse loudspeaker needs of our clients. While the BTA team enjoys Dynaudio sound in our showroom, we were eager to experience the technology with the masters themselves. Our tour reaffirmed everything we already knew: Dynaudio is the king of loudspeakers.
Dynaudio does things differently right from the start. Most loudspeaker companies merely assemble loudspeakers. They purchase drivers and parts from different companies and then put them together to create a speaker. As these speakers make their way from production to the sales floor, about 10% are tested for quality control. The performance of the sample is then scaled to the remaining 90%.
Dynaudio makes every part of the speaker, from the drivers to the fine grain wood case, to the delicate components holding it all together. This gives them complete control over the audio experience. Instead of relying on instruments alone to test speakers, Dynaudio relies on the best judge of quality there is: the human ear.
And they don’t just test 10% of the speakers that pass down the line, they test every single one. And not just once! They test every single speaker 3 or more times before it arrives in your living room. This is revolutionary.
Their process also ensures that your experience is impeccable whether you purchase a pair of $800 speakers for your home or a $135,000 speaker for your professional recording studio. Every speaker is cut from the same meticulous cloth and carries the same unrepeatable Dynaudio DNA.
We travelled to Dynaudio as a part of their inaugural Goodwill Ambassador Tour. BTA is honored to be among the small group of professionals chosen to receive the full Danish experience. As a part of our tour, we were able to meet the wonderful employees of Dynaudio – many of whom have 25 plus years of experience with the company.
The factory is filled with friendly, knowledgeable faces and we received a warm welcome. We learned even more about the technical elements of a Dynaudio speaker (if you are an audiophile, give us a call for the full rundown)… And discovered that Dynaudio’s testing process is second to none. After testing each speaker a minimum of 3 times, some speakers are still rejected for minor flaws. This is simply unheard of in the industry.
While we weren’t able to take pictures in their Research and Development Center, you can see it for yourself in the video below.
We embarked on our trip to Denmark on the heels of some exciting news. Dynaudio just launched architectural speakers for wall and ceiling. These speakers are designed to fit into the majority of existing architectural speaker openings. This means you can easily upgrade your current surround sound system or whole home audio network.
And because we would expect nothing less from Dynaudio… These custom install speakers deliver sound that is better than most box speakers. You no longer have to compromise audio quality for the sleek in wall look you want. The loudspeaker modules disappear into their surroundings and can be custom painted to match any room. Their unique tool-free, clip-in design makes install a breeze.
This means you can enjoy unrivaled Dynaudio sound around your TV, as a part of your whole home audio, in your favorite listening spot, or in your completely hidden surround sound system. In addition to custom install speakers, Dynaudio produces solutions for home systems, professionals, and even cars! Dynaudio is the preferred audio partner for leading car brands around the world, including Volkswagen.
We continue to be amazed by the versatility, creativity, and precision of Dynaudio. They are celebrating 40 years in business and we can only imagine what the next 40 years will bring!
Dynaudio, thank you for hosting us in Denmark and sharing your headquarters with us.